Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, You Pretty Things ...

No particular reason for the headline. Just it's my favourite David Bowie song: "All the nightmares came today/And it looks as though they're here to stay ..."

Punchy. Long day at work. (It involved a lawyer, a deadline and a seemingly endless stream of people who wanted to piss me off.) Not your problem and I apologize. I particularly apologize to the photographer's assistant at the event I was at this evening who asked what my name was and who I worked for. I am not Elton John and I am not the president of Mexico.

I've had the second person tell me (Hi, Jennefer) that this blog is not allowing comments to be posted. This is odd, because some people *have* been able to post comments. I know not why this is. I have changed a couple settings, neither of which should affect the ability to post comments, in the hope that, since this problem is irrational, random solutions should correct it. There's no reason, according to the settings, that anyone can't post comments. I completely opened it up when someone else (Hi, Gail) complained that *she* couldn't post a comment. Charles Manson should be able to post a comment to this blog. I mean, if he had Internet access and wasn't batshit crazy.

I will figure it out. If you feel a pressing need to comment in the meantime, a) I'm really flattered, and 2) do it on Facebook, since I'm actually checking my Facebook notifications with some regularity now. Jennefer's comment had something to do with the relative merits of pop-tart Hayley Williams's breasts and toe clips for your bicycle. In fairness, as an aspiring athlete and a single male with hormone issues, I approve of both.

And now, seeing it underlined like that, I must say, with apologies to Briony: Hayley Williams's Breasts would be a great name for a rock band.

No comments:

Post a Comment